In addition to BayLegal’s regular legal services, we are available to assist with, and will give priority to, emergency legal needs arising from the Northern California wildfires.
Please call our Legal Advice Line for help with a legal problem involving Housing (eviction defense and fair housing), Public Benefits, Consumer Law, or Senior Advocacy (estate planning, elder abuse prevention, benefits, etc) and emergency legal needs, including:
- Emergency Public Benefits (for example, D-SNAP to obtain food and CalWORKS)
- FEMA benefits and claims process
- Housing questions specifically related to the fires (for example, ongoing obligations, getting possessions, etc.)
- Insurance issues
- Employment issues
- Missing identity documents
- Connecting to local resources and statewide pro bono assistance
Baron & Budd, the Singleton Law Firm and Dixon Diab & Chambers LLP are teaming up to help those affected by the North Bay wildfires. Each of these firms has extensive experience in representing California families who have suffered losses in previous wildfires.
Fair Housing Napa Valley’s mission is to develop and promote equal access to housing choice for all residents. As part of these efforts, FHNV regularly works with housing providers — property owners, HOAs, property managers and management companies, and developers — to ensure that they understand and are in compliance with fair housing and law. Please contact our agency for objective information about your rights and responsibilities as a housing provider. All services are confidential and free of charge.
Services for housing providers includes:
- Information regarding your obligations and rights under Fair Housing laws
- Counseling and investigation of inquiries/ complaints
- Review of existing rental practices, policies, and rules to ensure compliance with the law
- Fair Housing Workshops for you and your staff
Applying for Aid: Those who have had homes or rentals damaged or destroyed in the fires can apply with Habitat for Humanity to receive aid repairing and rebuilding their homes. Applicants must meet the selection criteria listed in our Frequently Asked Questions.
Volunteer to Rebuild: Volunteers are the backbone of Habitat for Humanity for building hope, homes and rentals for families in need. They have many different volunteer opportunities available.
- Read about the many ways to volunteer on the Habitat for Humanity website.
- Contact Habitat for Humanity Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com or call 578-7707 ext. 105 to get started.
Jameson Animal Rescue Ranch
Jameson Animal Rescue Ranch is a no-kill rescue and sanctuary in the Napa Valley for companion and farmed animals in need. The nonprofit provides transitional and permanent shelter, adoption and rescue services, humane education, animal advocacy, and is committed to ending animal hunger, cruelty, and overpopulation.
JARR also collaborates with and acts as a liaison for various local animal rescue groups.
Mission Statement: OLE Health is dedicated to providing high-quality primary health care to our entire community.
Vision Statement: Every patient is at the center of a team of professionals who help them reach their wellness goals by offering the services patients need, when and where they need them.