Why donate here?
Rebuild Wine Country is long-term giving. Immediate needs are being met by our fantastic community non-profit partners already. This fund is about the bigger picture in the weeks, months, and years to come, protecting economic recovery for those without a roof over their head. With these funds our fiscal sponsor Habitat for Humanity is going to rebuild homes that were lost in the deadly wine country fires, for those who need it most.
0% fees through YouCaring donations
No admin costs are pulled from the money raised
Fiscally sponsored by 501(c)3 = tax write-offs for you
This fund supports people directly affected in wine country
So, who are we?
Rebuild Wine Country was founded by wine industry professionals from both Napa Valley and Sonoma County. We watched our families, friends and colleagues grieve losses that are typically only seen on the news. Yet, the tragedy was at home, in our vineyards, wineries and neighborhoods. We believe the most urgent need is to rebuild homes for the people living in wine country. From the vineyard and winery, to the supermarket and hospital, there is a desperate need for funding to repair and rebuild homes of the people making wine country go ‘round. Every dollar given will be put, specifically, to rebuilding the the homes of those people.
We are committed to supporting our community rebuild, long after the fires are gone. Read about our leadership team.
How do I apply for aid from Habitat for Humanity?
Habitat Selection Criteria
- Proof of income
- Substandard living conditions (including overcrowding, homes in poor condition) OR loss in wildfires
2) Ability to Pay
- Monthly income sufficient to make mortgage payments
- 2 years of income in current field of work
- Minimum credit score of 640
- No current liens or judgments
- Debt must not be excessive
- No bankruptcy within the last 4 years
- Consistent payment history
- Applicant(s) must be legal US resident(s) or have permanent residency status
3) Willingness to Partner
- Agreement to complete sweat–equity requirement of 500 hours. *
- Agreement to attend homeowner preparation workshops
- Willingness to take part in public events on behalf of Habitat
* Sweat-equity hours might include working on building your and others’ house(s), attending meetings and helping with public events, such as groundbreakings, and fundraising events.
How do I volunteer to help rebuild homes?
Volunteers are the backbone of Habitat's success in building hope and homes for families in need. They have many different volunteer opportunities available! See the descriptions here for more information, then contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 578-7707 ext. 105 to get started.
We are here to answer them. Please email us.